Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A busy weekend

Sarah, the wife, and I met another couple in our child birth class and kinda hit it off with them. She was actually in the hospital the same time Sarah delievered Eli. So we have kept in touch and got a chance to go to dinner with them.

This is Amanda and Lucas with their new baby. Friday night we met at Amazing Joes in Muncie. They live there, so they suggested it. Sarah and I had never been, so we thought, what the heck, lets try it. Let me tell you...the name fits. Sarah and I had steaks...and they were fab...I mean Amazing. But then came dessert...I ordered and Fried Apple Martini. Now there was no alcohol...it was cinnamon ice cream, drizzled in caramel, and topped with deep fried apples. It was served in a Martini glass. I have to admit. I ate the whole thing. Dinner and desserts were great, but we just really had a great time with another couple that is going through the same things we are, with a newborn son. We met them at 6:30, and didn't leave the resturant until 10:30. It was a lot of fun.

Well, the next day we got up and cleaned the house. This is a normal Saturday morning thing, but this time we cleaned a little extra because Sarah's Brother's family was staying the night. You will understand why in a little while. They have two boys. They are 8 and 5. So we played the Wii, the PS2 and guitars. It was a lot of fun.


They stayed the night so they could get up and go to church with us in the morning. They live over an hour away, so this just made it easier. They went to church with us because Eli, our son, was getting baptized. Not only were Sarah's brother there. All of her family was there. We are talking her mom and dad. Her aunt. Her other brother and his wife. My family was there too. My brother and his wife and daughter. My mom and dad. Plus a few close friends. We took up two rows in church. Well here is a group shot!




Eli was so good. He didn't cry or anything when Pastor Tim baptized him. He just looked really cute in his little outfit!




Here are some more photos from the service.



Afterward we all went to my parents for a nice Sunday dinner. We are talking dinner for like 25 people, but my mom loves to cook. At the dinner, our friends had their son there. He is about 5 months older than Eli...We think they are going to be buddies...what do you think?















A fun weekend before getting back to my Life in Headphones

No comments:

Post a Comment