Sunday, January 10, 2010

Butting Heads with my One Year Old


Let me first say, sorry it has been so long for a post. Who knew that raising a baby would take away all your ability to have a cyber-life.

Well back in December Eli celebrated his 1st Birthday
So he really loved that cake.

We have a nightly ritual that we do. I will be sitting in the big round chair, (see earlier post about the furniture if you want to see what I am talking about) and I will take my glasses off and I will get down on the floor and play with Eli. We wrestle, tickle, give kisses and all the fun you can have with a little boy. We usually get tired and climb back in the chair. Well, if you kiss Eli on the cheek he will keep coming back for more. Again and again and again. So, he is laying on my chest. I kiss him on the forehead. Sarah askes me a question, so I look away. That was my mistake. He came in for another kiss on the forehead. Instead he came in really hard. I got the full effect of his headbutt. Right in the lower eye socket...



This is the first black eye of my life.

Any time anyone asks what happened, I tell them I am training to be a cage fighter...you know like UFC. No one seems to believe me.

On a funny note. My boss assured me that this may be the first, but will not be the last time I butt heads with my son. So it goes in my "Life in Headphones."

No comments:

Post a Comment