Monday, October 10, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football!

So you might not know that I am a Tennessee Titans Fan...Love me some football. So about two months ago, Jimmy B that I work with tells me that the Titans play Cleveland at Cleveland this year. Since he is a season ticket holder, he asked me if I wanted to go. There wasn't a moment of hesitation. I jumped at the chance. I had not been to an NFL game since 1997 when I saw Dan Marino play in Indianapolis against the Colts.

So needless to say I was long overdue for a football game.

So I get up early Sunday morning and meet Jim at a gas station, and park the car. After grabbing my coat, my shades, and my Tennessee Titans hat, we are Cleveland bound.

As we are in the middle of the 4 hour drive, the clouds are getting thicker and thicker, and temperature is dropping and dropping. We are about an hour out from Cleveland, and Jim turns on the radio. They are in the middle of their 3 hour pregame. When it comes to football, those Browns fans are hard core! The announcer is telling us that it is suppose to rain, the wind is coming off the lake, and temperature is going to be around 52. What a day for football.

Well, we are in town about 2 hours before kick off. Jim likes to go to a bar right across the street from the stadium. So we sit there for about an hour. I get booed as we walk in the bar...Of course I was wearing my Titan's shirt.

After my taunting at the bar, we make the trek to Brown's Stadium. Grab a hot dog ($5.75) and head to our seats. We are sitting at one of the end zones, about 20 rows up. Perfect seats to see the wholes in the line open up. Really cool. Plus, we are covered by the upper level...so when the rain came in the second half, it was not big deal.



After another Hot Dog, and a coke ($3.00) the game comes to an end with MY Titan's with the victory. Jim wants to head back to his favorite bar. The place is packed! Jim says after all the losing season in Cleveland, they are use to it. They have the philosophy, "We Came, We Lost, We Partied." And that was the case. After about an hour at "Liquid" we head back to the car. Jimmy says he always stops at an Outback Steak House on the way out of town. We get to watch the second half of the late games, and head back to Marion.

Needless to say, I had a GREAT time in Cleveland, and I am ready to go to another game with Jimmy B. I would even go see someone like the Bengals play there. It was a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment