Tuesday, August 4, 2015

How did I become a "Soccer Dad?"


Fall in Indiana use to mean football...but for this Hoosier dad, it's all about Soccer.  My oldest, Eli just finished up baseball.  Second place in the championship, I was proud of our team.  But just a week after we hung up the mitt and bat, we got the shin guards and cleats out for the season.

When I was a kid, I saw a few soccer balls on TV.  Daniel, the Karate Kid, did some good tricks kicking it up in the air, but that was about it.  Even when I was in high school, we didn't have a team until my Senior year.  And even then, it was co-ed.

But last summer when we asked our son if he wanted to play soccer, he was super excited.  The first practice he was so comfortable.  He got the nickname "Thunder Foot."  An I started to really get into it.

Now in the league he played in, they "didn't keep score".  But parents certainly kept score.  He did really well, and loved playing.

This year he is moving up a division, and I am excited to see him progress.

Never thought I would get excited about Soccer...but this Soccer dad has his bag chair in the back of the jeep, and I am ready to cheer on my little guy in soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment