Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time for change in my life

Well, it is with heavy heart that I write this blog.

For the past year, my wife and I have been struggling with a very hard decision. After the birth of our son, we have had a hard time financially with a radio income. That has been a factor in this decision.

For the past ten years I have been in the radio business. It is a career near and dear to my heart. From my first days at the former country station in Wabash were I spent 4 years of my life doing afternoons and then mornings, to the past 6 wonderful years at WCJC playing today's best country, I have to tell you I LOVE what I do. Everyday is exciting and new.

My passion for radio came at a young age, when I use to pretend to be a jock in my bedroom talking into the small built-in mic on my boom box, and mixing tapes of current songs. I was "Jammin' John" on WJON. Then in high school radio class is where I was convinced that this was what I suppose to do.

Now, 10 years later, I have met some of the greatest country acts in the world. Shared the studio with some of the best radio people I will ever meet, and spoken with some of the best listeners in the state. I have to say thanks.

But today is the day I will give my resignation to the boss. It is time for a change. I do not know where my life will lead from radio, but it will always be a special part of my life.

One last thing....











APRIL FOOLS!

Are ya kiddin' me! I would never leave radio! I love it too much...

But I gotcha, didn't I!

No comments:

Post a Comment