Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Last Straw!


So we moved into a new house last July. The middle of summer. Little did we know then that the corner of our yard was "THE BUS STOP." Since school began back in August we have had problems with the kids that stand there. First there is a huge mud pit where they stand that killed all my grass. Now, I know I am starting to sound like one of those grumpy old men..."You little whippersnappers get off my lawn!" Really, that is the least of our concerns!

Is it just me, or do kids have no respect for anyone else these days? They might have a granola bar for breakfast. Actually I can tell you they do. Also freezer pops, boxes of dry cereal, and toast. I am not here when the kids get there, I know this because I find the trash in my yard when I get home. This really drives me crazy, but I was understanding about this.

When Sarah was off work on maternity leave, she found out something else that the little kids were doing. Sleeping in our bedroom (which is the room closest to the bus stop) she was roused from her slumber by a loud thud. And kids laughing....Thud....kids screaming. So she drags herself out of bed, and peeks out the window. The kids are playing tag, and guess what is base....our house. Thud....I am safe! So Sarah peeks her head out, and nicely asks the kids to stop.

This is not the last straw, but I just found out about it. Our mail box is right there on the same corner as the bus stop. My neighbor tells me the other day, he will look out and see those kids just pulling the mailbox from side to side, trying to get it out of the ground. So again, one morning Sarah asks the kids not to do it. Of course they look at her like she is evil!

But last week was the final straw. Sarah wakes up to let the dog out before she gets ready for work. As she opens the door, looks out at the kids at the bus stop, and there a boy using our tree as a urinal. We are not talking about a little 1st grader...this is a 3rd or 4th grade boy that knows better. And it would have been different if he was the only kid at the bus stop, but there are more than just him there. What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

This of course sparked calls from my wife to the superintendents office, which we were assured that the bus stop would be moved. We are still waiting on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment