Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My New Addiction!


I need to start off by saying in no way is this an advertisement for McDonald's. This is totally personal!

So the other day I was on my way to work. Not a lot open at 4:45 or so. I am driving past the truck stop at I-69 and 18. I needed some caffeine. So I pull into the McDonald's for a Sweet Tea. I mean, for a dollar I can get a BIG OLE SWEET TEA! And it is good. It gets me the caffeine and sugar I need to get my day going.

But then the next day, I am just about to the truck stop, and that thought starts creeping into my head. Mmmmmm, Sweet Tea....Must have it! So needless to say, I stopped again. It happened 4 times that week. Saturday, I was on my way to Muncie for a remote at Petsmart...I just happen to drive by several McDonald's. Yeah, it happened again.



I think they might put some crack in the tea. I mean, it is that addictive. When I see the golden arches I start to shake a little. I mean, do they have Sweet Tea Rehab? Meeting I could go to? "Hello my name is John, and I am a Tea-a-holic."

So this week I am trying to stop the madness. But as of Tuesday morning, I am only 50/50. I am working on the problem. I guess the first step is admitting there is a problem. I am looking forward to the denial stage. Anyway, that is what is happening in my "Life in Headphones".

No comments:

Post a Comment